Thank you for your interest in the 2020 Litquake festival on October 8-17!
Litquake is committed to encouraging diversity in the literary world and promoting as wide a range of writers as possible. Accordingly, Litquake welcomes submissions from authors from marginalized social groups including (but not limited to) people of color, LGBTQ, diverse genders, people with disabilities, and ethnic, cultural, and religious minorities.
Who we're looking for:
- Authors that are local or in some way connected to the Bay Area, or able to travel to San Francisco during the festival dates.
- Authors with a book or other significant publications within the last two years.
- Someone who can give a great interpretation of their work to a live audience.
- Proposals for events with a clear topic and list of participating authors.
- Events vary from panel discussions to readings and some events will feature book sales and signings. Please look through our festival calendar from 2019 to better understand the range of diverse events we produce. Link here: https://www.litquake.org/2019-litquake-festival.html
- All participants will have their photos and bios listed online, as well as their names in the printed festival guide.
- All participants will receive a modest stipend as gratitude for their involvement.
Submissions will be accepted/rejected by the end of August. If you have not received a response to your submission by August, you may assume your submission was not accepted. If you are not selected, it certainly doesn’t mean we don’t think highly of you! Please submit electronically via Submittable. Manuscripts sent via email will not be considered.
Litquake is committed to encouraging diversity in the literary world and promoting as wide a range of writers as possible, including (but not limited to) people of color, LGBTQ, diverse genders, people with disabilities, and ethnic, cultural, and religious minorities.